6.25.2012

Summer garden

Dear Bunnies,

How was your weekend? Mine was lovely. If you ignore the fact that Boyfriend surprised me by taking me to a medieval fair which he had already taken me to as a surprise three years ago but completely forgotten about. Here I was, all excited on saturday morning, thinking I was going to be able to cross my "go somewhere I've never been and do something I've never done" thing off my bucket list, but noooo! Also, I'm not really a fan of medieval things. But he is, and we had a nice day, so there! I'll show you some pics in a bit.

Today I want to talk about my balcony. It's not quite what you would call finished, but I'm giving you a sneak peak while my brand new flowers are still in bloom. A couple of close ups before I zoom out:

Freesia babies!!!

Saint Paulia

Nasturtium! And a little solar lamp. Can you tell it poured with rain all day yesterday?

I planted two more Saint Paulia betwen my precious freesias and moved the baby freesia that doesn't seem to be growing much to its own private pot. With a chopstick stake. Let's hope it helps.

Here you can also see all the freesia bulbs that never came up. I dug them out before I planted the Saint Paulia. Can I use them again next year? Do they need to dry out? How does it work?  

At this point I went a bit mad and decided to experiment. Remember my rescue footboard that's going to be turned into a bench?


Like?


I know it can't stay like this, I just wanted to see if there would be room for a cushion once my footboard-bench was finished. The answer is no, but I'm smitten. I can't wait to get hacking away at the upholstery. Just add this to my loooong list of projects. More on that soon!

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea, can't wait to see the result!

    ReplyDelete