4.18.2012

The hairy lantern

I'll admit I pinched this idea from Pinterest, though I can't seem to find it anywhere now. If I find the link I'll be sure to add it here. (Psssst! update! I just found the original here: http://www.designsponge.com/2011/03/weekly-wrap-up-paper-scrap-light.html)

Start with a boring Ikea paper lantern. (I haven't got a picture of one, but you know what I mean: white paper ball that costs 2 Euros).
Add about 50 sheets of A4 printing paper and a roll of tape. 
Take a pair of scissors and make sure you've got some episodes of The Big Bang Theory to watch
Cut away like a mad person for 2 days
Stick away like a bored person for 3 days
TA-DAAAA!



This is what it looks like when it's not centered above anything in particular:



And this is what it looks like after your handy boyfriend has spent 2 hours moving it along over the dining room table (also note that he finally put up the Japanese silk screen above the cocktail cart, YESSS!) :



 Everybody who walks into the room says it looks like a hairy or furry lantern, so this is now its official denomination.





No comments:

Post a Comment